Three Steps To Work Smarter This 2011
Curious how to build your business, make more money and have more time? Looking for a smart way to win in tough times–without burning out?
Yes, you've got to present smarter and work smarter to win results in a troubled economy. In fact, you need a plan to win. Of course, this plan does not include destroying yourself with over-work.
Here are the 3 essential three parts of the work smarter plan:
1. Plan your work.
2. Work your plan.
3. Make time for you.
Whether you are doing face-to-face presenting, creating webinars, or producing videos, you still need to handle each of these three areas.
Use these ideas as a starter kit to refine your plan. Add your ideas to this list. Then, use what you've planned.
Here's one hint that makes all the difference: write down your plan. It's not enough to just mull things over and plan things over coffee or in the shower. You have to nail down your plan in writing. Drawing and sketching adds creativity and helps you make this your personal plan to win.
And don't stop there.
Once you write down your ideas, write each action into your calendar. This way, you'll take action and see results.
It all starts with you.
Here is the blueprint for results.
Plan Your Work
- Plan your presentation preparation in bite-size chunks.
- Plan the easiest parts first.
- Plan for doing your best work in your peak creativity time.
- Plan your next day at the end of each day.
- Plan your next week at the end of the week.
- Schedule training new presentation skills as a set appointment.
- Work with an expert presentation coach to get organized and get a complete picture of skills you need.
Work Your Plan
- Don’t overload one day.
- Pick your top three actions per day.
- Do the thing you’ve been avoiding–first!
- Do the easy things first. Then, use tackle the tough stuff.
- Track your ratio of what you plan relative to what you do. If you are over committing you aren’t getting it done. And that’s just depressing.
- Take the presentation training you signed up for.
- Adjust your plan so you can enjoy satisfaction of completion.
- Use smaller paper to plan each day. This helps keep items to a reasonable number.
Make Time For You
- Make appointments with yourself.
- Step away from the office–even for 10 minutes at a time.
- Don’t eat at your desk, in the car or in your chair.
- Take evenings and weekends off.
- If you’re working weekends, take a weekday off.
- If your plants are dying, buy new ones.
- If your friends and family don't know who you are, make time for them.
- Don't check email or voice mail after dinner.
- Set personal rules for computer on time and off time.
While the government searches for a blueprint for our economic future, you need to search for a personal blueprint. This is a quick and simple plan to build your career or business, get results, and take care of yourself.
Take a step-by-step approach to build your business, make more money and have more time. The future starts now.